Wednesday 7 March 2018

My purse hates me | Beauty Haul


What a few weeks it's been. I was struck down with a mystery 'illness' that came and went within the space of a week (very bizarre) and then the Beast from the East arrived with its buckets of snow and freezing temperatures. So here's something for you to warm you up - a few bits I picked up on a recent makeup splurge. So, snuggle under a blanket, grab a cuppa and let's get cracking.

There's a NYX store in Leeds and yes, it is as magical as it sounds. I picked up three bits when I was there, the first being a lip oil. I saw this and pretty much grabbed it and shoved it in the little NYX bag my friends kindly retrieved for me to merrily fill. I was thinking it was going to be like the oils you see on instagram that magically plump your lips ready for your lipstick of choice. It doesn't do that but I've been putting it on after I do my base to get rid of the foundation that gets on my lips. An unnecessary step but I've been liking it! If you read my January favourites then you'll have seen that I'm all about lip gloss at the minute so I decide to pick up one of the Butter Lip Glosses in Angel Food Cake. There were loads of shades to choose from but I wanted something nude-y and this one does the job really well. I've not stopped wearing it since I've got it - great shade, non sticky formula and makes my lips shine! Totally into it. The last thing I picked up from NYX was a blush in Mauve n Out. A massive impulse purchase that I don't regret. It's a cross between a pink and a plum and gives a natural blush colour for winter and I think I'm going to get a lot of use out of it day to day.

I've heard a lot of good things about the Maybelline Super Stay Foundation so I decided to pick up one. I've not used it that much since I've got it but my first impressions are very positive. I have the lightest shade and it's a pretty good match for me. The coverage is medium to full, totally my bag, and it's mattifying but not drying. I've needed to do a bit of blotting during the few days I've worn it but I have to do that with most of my foundations anyway.

And last, but definitely not least, is the Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer in Fair Neutral. I've had this a couple of times before and every time I repurchase it I remember how amazing it. Full on full coverage, great shade match for me and lasts me a decent length of time.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home