Wednesday 31 January 2018

Songs to blast on a long journey


I love a good sing-a-long in the car, especially when I'm by myself on the M1 pretending I'm in some sort of broadway musical (anyone else?). Blasting out my 'guilty pleasure' songs it the safety of my car is a great way to end the day and is a great way to pass the time on my way to visit my friends who live a hundred million miles away (slight exaggeration but you get my point). As I live out my pop star dreams I thought I'd give you some of my go-to sing song songs that I shout to passing pedestrians on the way home from work:

*Disclaimer - I'm probably the worst person to talk about music as I only really like whatever's in the charts and songs from musicals. You've been warned*

#SELFIE: This takes me right back to first or second year at uni where my mission in life was to learn all the words to this and perform at pre drinks (which I did - many times). If you like feeling a sense of accomplishment when you finish a very wordy song, but don't want to be judged by singing cringe-y lyrics, stick this one on in your car. All the fun and no judgment.

Man's Not Hot: Same as above, I always think that passers by must think 'what is that girl doing' when I'm sat at a set of traffic lights trying to perfect my 'scraaaaap' or whatever it is. Also one of my favourites to go all out on with friends on a drive (that and pretty much any song by Little Mix).

The Sound: I'm all about The 1975 and this song gets me in the mood to go out. Another song that does the same is Biebs What Do You Mean. Stick those on on the way down to to friend reunion and I'm ready and raring to go.

The Entire Greatest Showman Soundtrack: Yeah, I'm in on the hype, but only when it comes to the soundtrack (I'm too lazy to go to the cinema to go and see the film). I mean, it's pretty great and such an addictive soundtrack to have on repeat. If you have somehow managed to avoid this completely and love a good musical then this will be right up your street. My favourites (if I'm forced to narrow it down) are The Greatest Show, Rewrite the Stars and the Other Side.


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home