Wednesday 17 January 2018

One year of Q&A a day


I'm back baby! Nearly three months of laptop problems and the festive season has led to things being a bit quiet over here but I'm back and ready for some new posts. I thought I'd start off my first post of the New Year with a look back on 2017 and what I've learnt doing Q&A a day. I got this the Christmas before last (2016) and I'm pretty impressed that I managed to stick it out for 12 months - I'm notorious for starting diaries in January and never getting past the 10th. I think the fact that there're questions to answer makes it more interesting than a 'traditional' diary as it doesn't matter if nothing has happened that day or not, there's still something to write down. But if something exciting has happened I try and work it in.

So, what did I learn? Well, I discovered that I was quite negative in January - everything was an effort and reading some of my answers back it was just a bit like 'pull yourself together'! Things seemed to be going great in the middle of the year around June or July time. Lots was going on, I went on holiday, went to Ascot and it was just a generally fun time and you can really tell I was upbeat most of the time. Other than that my mood was pretty average throughout the rest of the year and I found that writing something down every night was a good way to quick look back on the day but without being like 'okay what happened step by step, minute by minute'.

As we're a bit into the month already I've started answering the year two questions and seeing what I was writing last year. Safe to say the answers are pretty much identical (I mean it's only been a year) and in some cases I'm writing the exact same thing without realising. I try not to look at last year's answers before going into my current thoughts because I don't want past me to influence present me.

I'm looking forward to continuing to write in this throughout 2018 and I'm really intrigued to see where I am in life when I finish the book in 2021!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home