Wednesday 30 August 2017

Naked Heat and cool new tech | August Favourites


Beauty
A few beauty products in the love pile this month. First up is the eyeshadow palette of the moment - the Urban Decay Naked Heat palette. I've only had this palette for a week and a half but I'm already head over heels in love with it. A great selection of warm shades this is totally different to all the other palettes I have. I'm surprised at my favourite shades though. I thought I'd be all over the shimmery metallic shades but I've been drawn to the amazing mattes. I've been wearing Low Blow in the crease, blended out with Chaser and I've been loving that look, not too much but makes me not look half dead in the morning! I'm really excited to try out a serious smokey eye with this palette but for now I'm truly smitten. A new mascara favourite is the L'Oreal Paradise Mascara. One swipe and it's ba-bam, dream lashes! It reminds me a lot of the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara which I was totally obsessed with a year of so ago when I had it. It fans out my lashes really well whilst still pumping up the volume. Definitely the best mascara I've tried in a while!

I'm a big fan of the Eylure Fleur de Force brow products and this month she released some new double ended brow products (see more of my thoughts here). My new favourite eyebrow pencil by far. I didn't think I would like the cool toned shade as much as my warm Soap and Glory Brow Archery in Brownie Points but I'm seriously impressed. I have the pencil in the shade medium and what I like is that it would be really hard to over do it with this product. Unlike something like the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade, which although I love it can be really easy to give yourself slug brows, it doesn't really matter how much you apply it doesn't look overdone. The fact that it has two tones and there are so many different options - I could rave about this so much!

Tech
This is the most exciting thing that's happened this month. I am now the proud owner of an Apple Watch, I know! So exciting! I've been wanting one for a while and when the opportunity presented itself jumped at the chance to get one. I decided to go for the Rose Gold with the Pink Sand Strap because then it matches my phone, yep this is what the world has come to. I love the activity options with the watch. It gives you a little buzz every hour if you haven't moved which is great if, like me, you sit at a desk and can be glued to it for hours on end. A few trips up and down the stairs every 60 minutes will keep your watch happy and your health too! I might do a more detailed post after I've used it for a little bit longer but so far I'm loving it.

TV
Quick TV mention. We watched The Loch this month and is was SO good! It's an ITV drama about a murder in a small town in Scotland and everything that happens afterwards. We watched it over two nights and it was so gripping and there were many hide behind the pillow moments and there were multiple twists, ahh! I definitely recommend watching it if you like a good drama. Six episodes and it doesn't drag, really good! I've also started rematching Granchester, one of my favourites as it's easy watching but murder mystery-ey, love. Also, James Norton.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home