Wednesday 24 May 2017

Making the most of a relaxing bath


I love a good bath. No I REALLY love baths. If I'm bored, I'll have a bath, if I'm home alone, I'll have a bath, spare hour, you get the picture. It's just nice to hop into a nice warm bath with some YouTube videos and give yourself a pamper. Here are the products I like to use when I step into the relaxing bath world.

Let's start with candles. A bath is not a bath without a candle. I normally burn four non-scented tea lights, put two at the end of the bath and two on the ledge that sits behind my head. For scent I then light whatever candle I have on the go. When this photo was taken I was burning All is Bright by Yankee Candle but my current candle is The Body Shop Hawaii Kukui. I love the scent of this candle so much, I just wish it burnt perfectly flat and not in steps. I've tried everything but it won't burn all the way across! Bubbles make a bath for me. I love a good lush bath bomb as well (I recently tried Dragon's Egg and it was just a citrus delight) but bubbles are what make it special. After Christmas I made sure I stocked up on The Body Shop Frosted Berries Foaming Bath. It makes beautiful big bubbles and gives off the fruity scent all throughout the bath which I love because this is one of my favourite Body Shop scents.

After sitting in the bath for ten minutes I give my face a bit of a pamper. I make sure I cleanse my face before I start with The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Oil then scrub my nose with the Soap and Glory Scrub Your Nose In It to get rid of the dirt on my nose. I then apply a face mask, usually a mix of two Origins masks, Out of Trouble and the Clear Improvements. They give my skin an intense clean and bring out any impurities.

After 20 minutes, and usually a Lily Pebbles video later, I wash off the mask and start with my least favourite task, exfoliating. I love it when I do it, I'm all about soft skin, but the thought of doing it just makes me tired and lazy. When I do remember to scrub I use the Soap and Glory Smoothie Star Breakfast Scrub. It is seriously scubb-y and smells amazing, like pure sugar and sweetness. Hair wash time! My hair wash of choice at the moment is L'Oreal Elvive Fibrology, a shampoo and conditioner that's meant to thicken fine hair. It's good and I'm enjoying using it but I can't say I've seen that my hair is noticeably thicker but it cleans it and doesn't make it greasy which in my book is a win win. I've been using the Soap and Glory Clean On Me Shower Gel and I have to say nothing else lathers like it. It makes me feel super clean and (CAUTION: TMI) it gives me a really good shave and leaves my legs super soft. To finish off the bath I just have one final relaxing moment and it's time to get out. Did I mention I just love baths!

I'd love to try some more bath products so if you have any recommendations for bubbles, bath bombs or oils please let me know!


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home