Thursday 3 March 2016

Lip Balm: Makeup or Skincare?


I was having a little think the other day, what category does lip balm fit into; makeup or skincare? First I thought that if it's tinted then it's makeup and if it's not then it's more skincare. But if I use my Baby Lips in Pink Punch instead of my usual one in Menthol when doing my skincare routine does that mean it's still makeup? Then I thought it could have been the consistency. For example the Baby Lips are different depending on if they are tinted or not. The non-tinted ones are much more deeply moisturising whereas the ones with tint in are a bit more slippy and although they are moisturising they just moisturise the surface of your lips, if that makes any sense.

My favourite lip balm to use when my lips are in serious need of some help is the Lanolips LemonAid Lip Balm. I smother a lot onto my lips and just wait for it to sink in and work it's magic. It's amazing what this does in such a short amount of time, so I'd say that's my favourite skincare lip balm. My favourite makeup lip balm is a new one to my collection and is the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfecter in 05. It feels moisturising on the lips and gives a nice amount of colour that wears really well throughout the day. After writing this post I still have no idea what category lip balms fall into, if any, but I'm interested to know if anyone else thinks that this is a legitimate query. So, if you think they're either makeup or skincare please let me know!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home