Monday 29 February 2016

February Favourites 2016


Happy leap year everyone! Savour today because you're not going to get another Feb 29th for four more years. This month's favourites are very TV heavy, both in the binging and weekly series department. There's also a little bit of food thrown in so without further ado here's what I've been loving this month.

Beauty
No makeup in the favourites this month as I'm still testing out the giant hoard that I bought a couple of weeks ago (so expect my March favourites to be very makeup heavy!). When I got the Body Shop Hawaiian Kukui Cream from their Spa of the World range for Christmas I told myself I'd only use it on special occasions. At the beginning of this month I decided I should use it on more of a daily basis because it wasn't going down and to be honest I just fell in love with it. It's a thick cream that gives so much moisture to my legs and has such a beautiful scent that lingers and makes my pyjama bottoms smell fantastic! Another thing that smells amazing and is also from the Body Shop is the Coconut Hand Cream. I bought this last week and as soon as I applied it I fell in love. Did you know that people will give you funny looks if you keep smelling your hands? I found that out when I kept smelling my hands to get the coconut scent into my nostrils. These strange looks have led me to getting the Coconut Body Mist so if anyone in the Nottingham area gets an overwhelming whiff of coconut, it's me walking around the streets. Sorry in advance.

TV
February has been a huge month for TV favourites. I've definitely been neglecting my work and hiding up my duvet watching another episode of whatever it is I've been obsessed with. First up is THE BEST PROGRAMME EVER IN THE WORLD, Happy Valley. If you've never heard of it, where have you been! We're on series two now so if you've never seen it lucky you, you have a whole series and a half to catch up on! It's on the edge of my gore capacity but the story is so engaging and it's just perfect 'on the edge of your seat' thrills. Basically it's about a police woman who's life hasn't been the most fortunate and what she gets up to (it's much more interesting than that trust me). I forgot to mention it's filmed where I live, and I mean like streets I've walked down, places I've been and that is just so exciting for me! Please give it a watch, you won't regret it. A series I binge watched this month was How I Met Your Mother. I've never been overly interested in watching it but one day I thought I might as well give it a go because there must be a reason why people like it. I became obsessed during the three weeks it took me to watch all nine seasons (I was slacking a little, I had a weekend off and couldn't be bothered some other days so it wasn't my best work). Let's go to the mall has become one of my favourite songs and I need a yellow umbrella in my life. If you've never seen it, it's just a nice, easy watching programme that's very funny.

Other
The 'other' thing I've been loving this month is afternoon tea. I've been twice in February for birthday celebrations and I just love it. I think it's the fact that it's classy, tasty and there's sometimes alcohol involved and I'm a big fan of all of those things. This month I've been to the Spiced Pear in Hepworth, near Huddersfield (you can read all about that here) and Brown's in Nottingham (expect a post to come on that very soon).

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home