Thursday 18 February 2016

Boots Haul!


So I had a massive, well massive for me anyway, splurge in Boots yesterday. I have double points all month because it's my birthday and I just had to take advantage of it! I'd just like to give a little shoutout to my bank account, I'm sorry but it just had to be done.

I was in need of concealer replacements so I picked up another of my Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer in Light. You never realise how much the sponge absorbs product until you compare it with a new one. I've not bought a tube of the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair in about 12 months and I have no idea why. I love this concealer and it's such a bargain. My massive impulse buy of the trip was the L'Oreal Infallible Matte Max Lip Colour in 002 Virgin. This is such a weird concept. It's a pointed sponge applicator on a spring that dips into a powder at the end. It's very pigmented and from the little trial run I've done it's not that drying which you'd think it would be. I'll keep you posted on my thoughts on this one. Another lip product I picked up was the Maybelline Baby Lips Lips and Cheek in Innocent Peach (Maybelline is on 3 for 2, quick run to Boots now!). The shape of the product resembles the EOS lip balms but the product feels pretty much the same as the original Baby Lips. Feels nice on the lips and when I try it on the cheeks I'll let you know. Last of my Maybelline purchases is the Maybelline Master Sculpt Contour Kit in Light/ Medium. This has been out for a while now and although I've been eyeing it up I never thought that I needed contour until yesterday. It seems very warm toned but I'm yet to try it on my face so I'm hoping that it works out quite well. The highlight is very subtle and I think it will work well for everyday. Soap and Glory now and I've heard good things about the Soap and Glory Smoulder Kohl Waterproof Eyeliner, especially for lasting power. I having a black line in my waterline so I'm really excited to use this. When testing it on the back of my hand it's really pigmented but also super soft so it won't scratch my eye out! I feel head over heals in love with the Soap and Glory Love At First Blush Stick in Pink, Pop and Pearl when I first swatched it. It's a cream blush stick with a heck of a lot of shimmer and I bet it will look amazing on my cheeks. Finally, and I'm super late to the party with this one, I got the Real Techniques Core Collection. I'm most excited to use the buffing brush and the contour brush but for just over £20 for four brushes I think that it is actually quite a bargain!

Keep posted in the next few weeks because there may be some kind of first impressions coming your way soon!

L-R: 002 Virgin, Contour, Highlight, Superblack, Pink Pop and Pearl, Innocent Peach

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home