Friday 6 November 2015

What's in my Travel Makeup Bag


It's that time of year again, I'm going home for the weekend and I've set myself the challenge of streamlining my makeup bag as much as possible. I did the same thing last year (read about that here) and although I didn't over pack I reckon that this time I've got it down to the bare essentials. So without further ado let's get straight to it.

I'm taking my Makeup Forever Mattifying Primer because it is literally the best primer I've ever used. It goes on smoothly and I don't know what I'm going to do when it runs out because I love it so much. The L'Oreal Infallible Matte Foundation is the best at staying on my face without bringing out the oil so that was the only choice really to be taking away this weekend. My Mac Pro Longwear Concealer is sadly coming to an end (*wipes away tear*) but while it's still got a little life left in it I'll be taking it home with me. Still don't know if I'm going to repurchase it but it is one of my favourite concealers. Another concealer fave is the Maybelline Eraser Eye which is great for under the eye so I wouldn't leave home without it. The Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder has fast become my favourite powder of all time. Lightweight on the skin but still having the power to block all of my disgusting oils, this is an absolute winner!

I'm LITERALLY obsessed with the Soap and Glory Brow Archery Brow Pencil in Hot Chocolate. I picked this up a few weeks ago and instantly fell in love with it. The pencil glides on so smoothly, making it really easy to apply and the colour is the perfect brown. Even through I have light blonde hair it doesn't make them too dark so I look stupid. If you like a strong brow I definitely recommend it. I can't go anywhere without my Mac Painterly Paint Pot as it's the perfect base for any eyeshadow, and my life wouldn't be complete if i was without my new favourite eye quad, the Fleur De Force Eye Quad in Cosmic Bronze. I can create my favourite eye look with this one palette and it's nice and compact to travel with. My L'Oreal Superstar Superliner is coming with me, and although I love it it does need replacing. My life wouldn't be complete without the Rimmel Kohl Kajal eyeliner in Jet Black and I'll be taking my Covergirl Lash Blast Mascara. I really liked this one but it seems to have run out really quickly so if anyone has any mascara suggestions please let me know!

I'm in love with the new packaging for the Soap and Glory Solar Powder Bronzer. Not only is it more robust but it makes it so much better for travelling. I rarely use anything other than my Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Tipsy because it is such a gorgeous colour and formula. I'm not sure whether I like the Benefit Shy Beam Matte Highlighter but I'm taking it home anyway as something to use. Any highlighter recommendations would be much appreciated. I'm taking two lip options home, a nude and an autumn option, and if you've read my blog before you probably know what they are. The Clinique Pop in Melon Pop and Fleur De Force Lip Gloss in Starry Starry Night. Both great, nothing more to say.

I told you I streamlined it!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home