Thursday 19 November 2015

How to: Beat the Stress


I thought that this picture was very apt when talking about stress, who can be stressed and annoyed when looking at these cute little furry creatures. In the past few weeks I have felt the stress building up from all of the things I have to get done before Christmas, and trust me it is quite a lot. The problem with my stress levels are that they don't get released when I have the stress. It all gets bottled up until I just have a little explosion once every few months where I hate everyone and everything and have to just let it out for a few hours. Probably not healthy but it's been working so far. So I thought I'd share some tips on what I do when I have an 'episode' and what I do to cool myself down.

Listen to some music which calms you // This can be whatever, calming piano tunes, the sound of rain, or hardcore rock music if that's your thing. I have a playlist on my Spotify called 'Cool Down Abz' and it's filled with songs that are 'swingy', like Michael Buble and Robbie Williams. I have no idea why but listening to these on full blast make me feel a lot less like stabbing someone in the face. My favourite is Me and my shadow because it's so happy and upbeat.

Change your phone screensaver // I discovered this the other day. When I was feeling annoyed I randomly changed my screensaver to a cute picture I had on my phone. I went for a cat that was really close to the screen every time I look at it I nearly cry with laughter. It's just so cute!

Delicious food // There's nothing that makes me feel calmer than eating really nice food. Whether it's a nice meal, preferably with pastry, or a piece of cake (I love cake so much), it brings me happy thoughts. Hot drinks also bring me the calm vibes, tea or hot chocolate I'm easy.

Finally, watch a TV programme that makes you feel happy!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home