Tuesday 8 September 2015

Uno!


Continuing on our Florida food trip we go to Uno, a place I'd never heard of before going. I didn't have a clue what kind of thing they offered so I had no expectations going into it and I have to say I was very impressed, it was one of my favourite eateries from the trip and I think that could be said for the rest of the family. So without further ado let's take a foodie trip down memory lane! The restaurant itself was very similar to the other ones that we'd been to, wooden inside, sports on in the background, that kind of thing. From what I gathered from the menu it was Chicago based and focused on pizzas, but it also did burgers, steaks and everything else that they offer in American restaurants.

For starter we went for another combo, the uno sampler, which is great when the portion sizes are so big. This one had onion rings, tortilla chips, guacamole, eggplant fritters and buffalo chicken quesadillas along with a mayonnaise, a salsa and a tomato sauce. Th onion rings were what I call proper onion rings (meaning you could tell that it was a whole slice of onion) but it had flavour on the inside and was sweet and tasty. The eggplant fritters were nice but made me really thirsty and I couldn't have more than one. I really liked the quesadillas, they had a barbecue flavour and were packed full of chicken and vegetables, really tasty. The star of the show was the guacamole. I've never been the biggest fan of it before now but this was so tasty! It was seasoned so nicely that I could just not get enough. That with the tortilla chips was a winning combination!


Seeing as though the place boasted about its amazing pizzas I thought that I might as well give it a try. I went for the Chicago classic which had crumbled sausages, tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. It was deep dish, the classic Chicago way and also my favourite because I'm all about the base. This pizza was a bit backwards. The cheese was on the bottom with the tomatoes on top, whether that's the right way to do it or not I'm not sure. This was out of this world. The base was crispy on the bottom but doughy in the middle and it was filled with flavour. I couldn't eat it all but was very grateful when I took it home to eat it the next day. Yum!

Never miss a post again by following me on Bloglovin'!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home