Monday 28 September 2015

September Favourites!


September seems to have been a pretty busy month! A lot has been packed into a short space of time, nothing too exciting but things that have made it into my favourites. This was my last month at home before I moved back to uni (currently sat at my new desk and so far I'm loving it!). I've watched quite a few new programmes and this seems to be the month of buying new beauty products, but if those are a success they'll end up being in next months faves.

Beauty
Quite a bit in the beauty department this month so I'll just get cracking! This month has been the month I got into wearing braver and darker colours on the lips. I talked about my love for the Clinique Pop Lipsticks and the red one has been something that I'm just obsessed with. In the nude department I rediscovered my Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Heather Shimmer. I bought this at the end of my first year of uni thinking that it would be a 'your lips but better colour'. What I failed to realise was that my lips are not that dark. At all. So it's been gathering a bit of dust in my drawer until now when I'm a bit more confident in my lip colour choices. I love how autumnal this looks and it's moisturising but still stays on my lips like it's nobody's business. The L'Oreal Superstar Super Liner has been a love of mine for a fair few months but has really come into it's own this month. I feel like a look a bit strange if I'm not rocking a bit of eyeliner these days which proves how much I'm in love. I'm loving wearing Poppy Pop on the lips with really light eye shadow and winged liner. I think it looks amazing and I'm a little obsessed! Something that's a little more skincare related is the Origins Overnight Facial Mask. I bought this in a set a few months ago and thought it was going to be the one that I used the least. It took me a while to get into it but my when my skin went through bit of an oily dry spell at the beginning of the summer (which really confused me because I never thought that could happen) and this was my literal saviour. Now I try to use it at least once a week to plump up my skin and make it smooth and full of a good kind of moisture as apposed to just oil.

Film and TV
What a month for this category! I discovered a lot of things this month but there were two films and two TV shows that have just captured my heart. The first thing is The Amazing Race. I hadn't heard of this before but I found it on Sky Go and thought I'd give it a go. It's an american show where ten pairs of people, anything from couples to family teams, race around the world to win one million dollars. I'd seriously recommend giving it a watch because it is just so incredibly good that me and my mum and dad flew through the four series that were available. Next, Lewis. Why I've never watched this programme before I don't know. If you've never heard of it, it's a ITV murder mystery programme that is just so amazing on so many levels. I have a never ending love for these types of shows so I'm glad that there are nine series' for me to get my teeth into. Now onto films. I watched Up recently which is a film that I try and avoid because I just think that the beginning is so sad. But I plucked up the courage and it's definitely up there with the great Pixar films (but let's not lie, they're all good!). I sobbed throughout so if you give this a watch, be warned. Finally Pitch Perfect 2. I'm not going to say much except go and watch it and listen to the soundtrack.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home