Thursday 3 September 2015

How to: Empties



This is less of a 'how to' and more of just a normal post. It's an empties of all the products I have finished in the past few months and for me I've finished a fair few. Most of it is body and skincare but there are a few makeup items that I've come to the end of.

Skincare
I've been through two different micellar waters this month. The first was a new try and was the Soap and Glory Total Drama Clean Micellar Water. It was slightly pricier than my usual Garnier one but I thought that I'd give it a go. It was a lot different to any micellar waters that I've tried as it was heavily scented with cucumber and stung a little bit on the eyes. It removed makeup easily but I didn't like the fact that all I could smell was cucumber. Also there was less in the bottle for a little more money so I think I'll be sticking to my old faithful right now. My ultimate favourite makeup remover is the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. I've repurchased it so many times and I love the fact that it doesn't smell and doesn't sting when I use it. It lasts me a couple of months, and that's using a lot on each cotton pad, and it's just so quick and easy. I also finished my Nivea Refreshing Toner which was a new toner I'd been trying out. I didn't repurchase it after I finished it and I'm gutted because it was such a good affordable toner! It smelt a little but just of what I'd class as a 'standard Nivea smell' but that was quite nice when applying it. I could feel it cleaning my skin but without stripping it completely. One of the best toners I've tried.

Bodycare
Two minis in the body care category and I bought them both in Summer last year but haven't used until recently. The first one was the Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter. Standard Body Shop Body Butter. Smooth, not too thick like some of the body butters, great smell and made my legs silky smooth. Next up is the Soap and Glory Flake Away Body Scrub. First off, I don't like the smell. I can't really describe it but I love the smell of other Soap and Glory products (Sugar Crush and Smoothie Star) and this was just boring and floral. The scrub however was great. It did the job but I didn't feel like I was sandpapering my legs.

Haircare
The first hair item is a mini of the Batiste Dry Shampoo. I used to use Batiste a lot but when Collab came along I moved to that instead because I loved the smell and the way it gave texture to my hair. But when I was going on a trip to Spain in Easter, mini Batiste's were on offer so I thought it would be a nice addition. It did the job and was good but I think I'll be sticking to Collab. Next up is the Lee Stafford For Hair That Never Grows Past A Certain Length. I've had a couple of these before over the years and I have to say that it does make a difference to the speed that my hair grows. Although you use a lot in one use there is still a lot in the pot and you can get a fair few uses from it. I seriously need to repurchase this one.

Makeup
Three products in this category, the first being the L'Oreal Super Liner. I got this free with a purchase about 12 months ago but I only started really using it just before Christmas. I love the thin, flexible tip and the fact that it went along the lash line so smoothly. I love this eyeliner which is why I repurchased it in the Superstar version. Two mascaras that I got free in magazines to finish off the empties. First is the Benefit Roller Lash Mascara which became one of my favourites when I used it. I liked the way it hooked around my lashes and curled them whilst lengthening and voluminising. I do however think that there are mascaras that are just as good for the price because it is rather expensive and it really drags the lashes when it dries out a bit. Finally I finished the Clinique High Volume Mascara. I had two tubes of these and it still remains to be one of my favourite mascaras, but I am loathed to pay full price. I loved the way it volumised my lashes and they didn't smudge all day, I was just obsessed. It lasted so long as well so if I did buy it it would be worth the money, so watch this space!

Want to read more from me? Follow me on Bloglovin' and never miss a post!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home