Monday 10 August 2015

Primer Problems


I've been on a bit of a rollercoaster ride with primers over the last 12 months. I've only used about four in my lifetime and I've definitely been through a honeymoon love period with each of them so I thought that I would go through my experiences and journey through the land of primers.

The first primer I ever bought and tried was the Rimmel Stay Matte Primer. I bought it to go with my Stay Matte foundation and at the time I was all about that winning combination, and I think that if I tried it again now I'd probably think the same. It was mattifying but not drying and it made my foundation sit really nicely on my face. It said that you could wear it under make up or on its own but I found that on its own it didn't make that much of a difference. But under makeup it blurred over all of my pores and I felt that it's the best primer for my nose because nothing has made it look so smooth like that primer.

I was given a mini Benefit Pore-fessional by one of my friends and although it was a sample size there was a lot of product inside. I was obsessed with this throughout the time that I used it which surprised me because it was slightly silicone-y and I normally don't like that feeling on my face. I like the way that it was a nude colour and it blurs over any imperfections and means that I could wear it on its own. However, I have tried this one again recently and I don't know how I liked it. When I applied it it slipped around everywhere and my foundation didn't feel nice when I applied it. I wonder whether because it's so different to the cream ones I'm now used to it just feels strange to flit between the two. But I did really like this primer at some point.

The Body Shop Instablur came into my life after I'd heard all of the rave reviews and I have to say I did like it for the first few weeks that I used it. But slowly it made my skin feel really heavy and I realised that the silicone texture wasn't for me. When I squeezed it out of the tube it came out in a big lump and sometimes it would fall on the floor which I felt was a bit weird. I also thought that it didn't blur over my face and just kind of sat on top of my face.

Finally the new love of my life is the Rimmel Lasting Finish Primer and if you want to read my opinions on that then read this post. I think that this love might possibly last forever purely for the fact that my makeup lasts so long when I put it underneath.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home