Tuesday 25 August 2015

Longhorn Steakhouse!



Week two of the Florida food trip and this time it's the turn of Longhorn Steakhouse. Unlike Texas Roadhouse last week the menu is a little more limited. There are a lot of options but it sticks more towards steaks and burgers and different versions and flavours of those. The service wasn't as good as last week's but it wasn't awful and the decor was nice and cosy, like a log cabin, lots of dark wood.

Let's jump into the meal and for starter we all shared chicken bites and handmade kettle chips. The chicken bites had a slightly spicy batter which was tasty and gave off a nice heat as well as having a sweet chilli sauce which went really nicely with the bites. The portion size was large for one person, but as a sharer for four it was absolutely perfect. The pieces were bite sized and really moist. The kettle chips were lovely. Crispy, not greasy at all and you could tell that they were made in the restaurant. It came with two dips, a garlic one and a barbecue one. The garlic one was okay but tasted a little funny and I didn't try the other one as I'm not the biggest fan of barbecue. The chilli sauce however from the chicken bites went really nicely with it so I just used that. Overall I enjoyed both of these and the meal got off to a really good start.


For my main I chose the parmesan steak with seasoned fries. It also came with a salad before they brought this which was huge. I didn't eat it because it had grated cheese in and I do not do raw cheese but it's quite good that it came included with the price of your main meal. The steak was cooked lovely, near perfect but it could have just been a little bit pinker, I asked for it medium rare. The parmesan crust was needed because I like to have a sauce with my steak so this gave it a bit of something else. It was crispy and there was the perfect amount. The fries were very nice, tasty and crispy. The portion size of the whole meal was perfect, surprising from what we'd experienced before, and I polished off the whole lot. Lovely!


To finish off the meal I went for the chocolate lava cake. I have to say I was a little disappointed. I expected it to be a bit like a chocolate fondant, rich and full of chocolate-y flavour but it was a little bit tasteless. Too sweet, too clacky and too big. Sorry to be a bit of a downer but I just wasn't a fan and it was a shame because for me it let down the meal a little bit but overall I really enjoyed it and pretty much everything was tasty.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home