Friday 10 July 2015

Round Up #6


Another great week, so let me share with you!

L'Oreal lip gloss
I'd been eyeing this up nearly everyday for about four weeks before I finally look the plunge and made the purchase. I think that I was hesitant to get it was 1. my slight lack of funds and 2. the fact that it's a lip gloss and we've never really got on that well. But with L'Oreal being on 2 for £12 and my need for another L'Oreal Superliner I felt that it was a sign. It's in the shade Miami Vice, a slight red-y pink in the tube but much pinky pink-er on the lips. What drew me to this was the neon like colour and the fact that when I swatched it, it left a stain on my hands, and I do like a good stain. For me it lasts really well on the lips considering I eat up lip products like they're a delicious cake and I love that after a few hours it leaves a stain on your lips that doesn't budge for the rest of the day and doesn't need much touching up. I think that for my holiday this is going to be a great 'slap on and go' kind of product that I won't need to carry around with me. I may have to try some more out from the range.

Afternoon Tea
Last weekend was my mum's birthday party and she decided that she wanted afternoon tea for all of her family and friends. I think in the end there was just under 60 people that came and we catered for them all. Yep, we made ALL of the food. We had; onion tartlets, salmon blinis, sandwiches, scones, eclairs, mini lemon meringue pies, chocolate meringues, shortbread biscuits, mini Victoria sponges and coffee and mini walnut cakes. Phew, I think that's it. We should have started the production earlier than we did but hey ho, Friday and Saturday were a frenzy of flour, ovens and let's face it panic. But it was all worth it because everything was delicious and it was such a nice day! The weather really helped as well. If the rain had made an appearence, let's just day we'd have been slightly screwed space wise!

Work Experience
Well you'll be glad to know that you won't be hearing about my work experience exploits anymore seeing as though I seem to mention it in every single post I've written since I started. I went with the intention of doing a week and here I am five weeks later and a truck load of articles under my belt. Wooo! Just call me pro journo. I've had such a good time and I think that it's made me realise that this is what I want to do when I finish uni, which is great because I was getting worried for a while that I'd just come out with an alcohol addition, debt and more fancy dress than you could shake a stick at!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home