Thursday 16 July 2015

How to: Prep for Holidays


It's three days. Only THREE days! I seriously cannot wait I am way too over excited. If you don't know what I'm talking about, on Sunday I'll be on a place heading across the pond to go to Disney World in Florida. Eeek! I'm going to be pushing all the kids to get out of my way to I can hug the characters, get excited about the rides, it's going to be amazing. But I'm not here to go on and on about how unbelievably excited I am for my holiday, oh no, I'm here to share how I prepare for a break, be it mini or a full blown trip.

1. Make sure you have everything
I know, it sounds pretty obvious but it's very important. A week before you go try and make sure that you have everything that you will need in your possession. That way if you realise that there's something that you are missing you still have plenty of time to go and get it. Otherwise if you leave it all until the night before and you notice you're missing something vital you are basically screwed, unless it's something like flip flops, there seems to be thousands of them in the airport. It also means that you can start packing things up a little bit at a time. I can't really pack all in one go. It's a bit boring and I ALWAYS seem to forget something. But by packing things up a little bit at a time I make a list of everything I put in and I'm less likely to forget anything.

2. Do your body prep
To me there is nothing better than a good old pamper sesh, especially if it's for an event or a holiday type thing. Me and my mum always have our toenails and fingernails done before we go on our jolly's (Minx on the toes and Shellac on the fingers) so that we won't have to worry about them when we're away and a bath for me is a must. It means that I can pamper myself head to toe by exfoliating, shaving all of the relevant areas and having a nice deep hair wash. Oooh and maybe even a face mask! It means that not only am I squeaky clean from top to bottom but I'm also completely sorted for the plane and if I can't be bothered to have a shower straight away when we get there it doesn't matter as much.

3. Scope out the area
As soon as we'd booked the holiday we had bought a guide book, I was looking online at where all the closet shops I wanted to visit were and we can't stop doing a virtual tour of the villa. We want to be as prepared as we can before we get there because I personally couldn't think of anything worse than arriving at our destination, not having a clue where anything is and having to explore whilst we are there. I'd prefer to know so that we can still have an explore but we'll have more of an idea what and where things are.

4. Plan, plan and plan some more
We have a spreadsheet of our plans and what we're going to do morning, afternoon and evening. They aren't set in stone but they give us an idea of what kind of thing we'll be doing each day so that we won't be missing out. Some thing are definite, like swimming with dolphins or anything else that we've booked but the other things are more of a guideline. When you're an indecisive family like mine you need to have something planned out otherwise we'd never get anything done and there'd probably be disagreements and arguing over where we were going. So for us some form of planning works best.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home