Tuesday 30 June 2015

La Cachette! (Take Four)


Another day, another trip to La Cachette. What a surprise! But when the food is this good it's hard to stay away. So without further ado let's get on with it.

For my starter I had a special of oyster fritters. I've never had oysters before, and to be honest I wasn't 100% on what they were, but I decided to take the plunge and boy was I glad I did. The fritters were crunchy on the outside and soft in the centre from the oysters. They weren't at all slimy or too greasy that it made me thirsty. It came with a cucumber yoghurt type thing which was very tasty and a cooling contrast and a curry sauce like thing (why is everything a thing). The curry sauce was so good, tasty, not spicy but it still had heat and went really well with the fritters. I would totally eat this all over again and would be one happy girl if it made its way onto the normal menu.


My main was venison with a vegetable samosa and creamed corn. The venison was definitely was the star of the dish and was soft, tender and full of flavour. The samosa was nice too as it had a nice indian-y flavour and went really well with the meat. The creamed corn was good but I'm not the biggest fan of sweetcorn and the broccoli was nice but there was a lot of it. The only thing that this dish could of done with was a nice thick sauce because the one it came with was just a little bit and it was thin whereas I'm a big fan of a good thick sauce, but maybe that's just me. It also came with this jelly type thing but the flavour was fruity and strong and personally I found it a bit strange. Overall very good!


You know the drill by now, sticky toffee pudding is the king of desserts, or at least one of. If you want to know my thoughts then read this post where I go into more detail on my love for this little beauty.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home