Monday 4 May 2015

The Regrets


Now, this is a post dedicated to those times where you buy something that's quite hyped and your really excited to get it but it just doesn't work out. This doesn't happen very often but when it does I can't help feeling a little bit sad, especially when other people seem to love it. First up is the Tanya Burr Lipgloss in First Date. I was really excited when this range was brought out and was ready and raring to go when my Superdrug started stocking it. I bought two shades, this one and Champagne Toast which I really like. However, this shade does not apply well on the lips. I can't seem to make it work, it goes all streaky and when I press my lips together they stick and I have to prise them apart. I don't know whether anyone else had this problem but it felt like such a waste of money, which is a real shame because I think the other shades are fine. One of the first felt tip eyeliners that was released back in the day was the Barry M Wink. I mean what could be better and easier to apply eyeliner than a felt tip pen instead of a brush. When I first bought it I struggled to use it but I never thought anything of it because it was so 'revolutionary', but looking back the tip was so thick like an actual colouring in felt tip that there was no way of making it work. Since I've been introduced to the likes of the L'Oreal Super Liner this has been reserved for fancy dress makeup only. One of my impulse buys that didn't go to plan was the Makeup Revolution eyeshadow in Dirty Cash. It was only £1 and my logic was it was too cheap not to get. I didn't even have to pay, I used my Superdrug points. The problem is the colour, it's awful. When I use it on the eyes it just looks dirty. There's nothing wrong with the pigmentation or the quality for the price it's just the colour. Last but not least is the Benefit They're Real Push-Up Liner. This little mini came free with Elle magazine a few months ago and even though I knew it had mixed reviews I wanted to try it anyway. There's no denying that this product stays put but I just couldn't use it. The whole squeeze and swipe did not work and it turned into a smudgy mess. Hopefully I don't do this type of post again in the future but sometimes it doesn't work out and it can't be helped.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home