Thursday, 16 April 2015

Oddly Orange



Orange is one of those colours that can look great but it can be quite hard to work with. For this look I used orange on the eyes and lips but in a way that didn't make me look like a crazy person. I think that it turned out quite well and the eyeshadow made my eyes look really blue which I'm always a fan of.

Jumping straight onto the eyes I primed them with my favourite primer of all time the Mac Painterly Paint Pot. For this look I used the Urban Decay Vice 3 Palette and worked mainly with the shade Lucky taking it all across my lid, packing it on with a Mac 242 brush. It's a gorgeous peachy orange shade with lots of shimmer so it looks insane on the lid but not over the top. I also took a little bit through my crease but not too much, just enough to give a little glow when I open my eyes. The only other shade I used was Reign on the outer corners to give a little more dimension. I didn't pack it on and I made sure to really blend the edges to make it soft. To finish off I used my Rimmel Kohl Kajal in Sable Brown in my waterline and tighten and used my Seventeen Backlash Mascara for more natural lashes. On my lips I used my Revlon Lip Butter in Tutti Fruitti to give them a bit of an orange tint. This is perfect for the spring/summer time in my opinion because it's nice and bright but you can dab it on to leave more of a stain.

I really enjoyed experimenting with orange and I don't think that people should be scared of using this colour in your makeup because it can look really good. I'll definitely be using the shade Lucky more often.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Design by | SweetElectric