Monday 30 March 2015

New Lip Products


Over the past few weeks I've been expanding my lip collection and branching out so I thought I'd share my new additions with you and give my thoughts. First up is the Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick in Nudist. I'd heard a lot about this and I was in need of a lip product that put a little something on but did't require too much effort and upkeep throughout the day. This colour is literally exactly the same colour as my lips. I love it. It smells amazing, like vanilla, and is perfect to just shove in your bag and take on the go. I have heard that they can melt easily so I'm a little weary about it but so far mine hasn't shown signs of melting. Next is The Body Shop Lip and Cheek Tint in 03. For me this is such a nostalgic product. About seven years ago I had this after going to a Body Shop party at someones house and used to wear it all the time. The smell and the taste take me back but I have to say it's a little disappointing. When I put it on the lips it clung to the dry patches so was a nice colour but redder in some areas than in others. It's also not great on the cheeks as it dries too quickly to blend out properly and it ends up looking like you've got a skin infection. It has to be said though, the staying power is insane (The swatch is still on my hand when I'm writing this and no amount of makeup remover can get it off). Last but not least it's one of my new favourite lip combos. For my birthday my friends got me a Mac Lipstick in Kinda Sexy. Every time I go into Mac and look at the lipsticks I have no idea which one to go for so I've come to the conclusion that from now on I'm just going to let other people choose them for me. It's a matte nude that is insanely moisturising and long lasting on the lips. I'm in love with this lipstick but when I pare it with my new lip liner the love grows stronger. Instead of folking out £10-£15 on a Mac lip liner I searched through Boots to try and find one that matched at a cheaper price. Enter the Rimmel Lasting Finish Lip Liner in Spice. It's pretty much an exact match and was half the price of a mac liner. These too together make such a long-lasting combo that doesn't take much up keep and I love it.

L-R: Nudist, Kinda Sexy, Spice, 03

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home