Tuesday 24 March 2015

Betty's!


Betty's is one of my favourite places to eat ever so whenever I know we're going somewhere where one will be close, I pray that we might be giving it a visit. If you don't know what Betty's is, it's an old fashioned tea room in the north of England that sells things from afternoon tea to a full english breakfast. I've had a fair few things on the menu so this time, on our York trip, I branched out and went for the haddock, salmon and prawn gratin. It was smoked haddock, salmon and prawns in a hollandaise type sauce with a potato rosti with breadcrumbs on top. This was one of the most delicious things I've ever eaten. The fish was soft and tasty, especially the smoked haddock, and the sauce was to die for, so much flavour. The rosti was crispy on the outside and soft in the middle and just incredibly good. Everything was seasoned to perfection and the portion size was perfect. I can't rave about this place and the food enough, it's just insane. There are four destinations where Betty's resides, York, Harrogate, Northallerton and Ilkley. Other than the Northallerton one, I've been to the all of them and even had a baking course. I just love it so much, can you tell?!?

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home