Thursday 19 February 2015

Lash out of the Lipsticks


Time for the lipsticks! I was never the biggest wearer of lipsticks but over the past 12 months I've built up a nice little collection so let's get going. First up is my Kiko Smart Lipstick in 902 Pastel Pink. I bought this whilst I was in Barcelona in the summer and I'm so glad I did. It's pretty much the same as my natural lip colour so when I put it on it's a my lips but better kind of thing. It was super cheap (just €3) and is balmy and lasts a decent amount of time on the lips. Next up is the Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 28. This was the first lipstick that I ever bought because I thought it would look good on a night out. It's not a matte formula but I'd say it's 90% matte with a little bit of shimmer and not as drying. I don't wear this that often but when do I wonder why I don't because it gives a pop of colour that is really flattering. The second lipstick I ever purchased was the Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Heather Shimmer. I bought this thinking it would be a good nude but it's quite a bit darker than my normal lips. It takes me quite a while to apply this as if I do a 'one sweep' motion it goes on a bit too dark and looks like a crayon, weird I know, so I have to use a lot of coats to dab it on. However, when it's on it looks really nice, a bit Velvet Teddy-ish, the only problem is that it doesn't last too long on the lips. Another nude in my stash is the Rimmel Lipstick in Pink Nude. I'd say that this was more coral than pink but it's a really good lipstick. The colour is flattering, similar to the Kiko one in terms of application and lasting power. The only thing that lets this down is the fact is has quite a pearly finish and sometimes looks a bit strange on the lips. Last but not least is Mac Shy Girl Lipstick. This is such a beautiful coral colour that sits nicely on the lips. This is my go to smokey eye lip as it looks gorgeous. The only problem with this is if it's not dabbed on it can look a little streaky. The winner of this is a tie, I just can't choose, between Kiko and Mac. I use them both so much as they are both beautiful colours with my favourite type of formulas.

28, Heather Shimmer, Nude Pink, Shy Girl, 902

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home