Monday 12 January 2015

Cleansers: Oil vs Cream


For the past few months me and my skin have been having, let's say, a disagreement. I've tried to up the skincare routine and in my quest for perfect skin I've encountered a few bumps along the way. I started off my journey trying out the more oily products such as the Body Shop camomile cleansing oil and the cleansing butter. Let me tell you, if you have oily skin this is not a good plan. For the first week of using both of these products I thought that they were miracle workers. I mean, a few rubs and swipes and all of your make up is gone, insane! But then after a while it made my skin feel really greasy and I got so many spots I had to stop. It made me really sad because I enjoyed using both of these products but it was one of those things that my face didn't agree with. This took me to try out something else that wasn't oily and thicker in texture. Enter Soap and Glory's the Ultimelt. I don't know if this is meant to be used as a cleanser but it certainly works! The texture is a thick cream and it smells like a trip to the spa. The only problem I found with this was that it made my eyes sting a little when I tried to take off mascara but in terms of my skin I had no breakouts. Because I was coming to the end of it I though I'd give the famous Liz Earle cleanse and polish and boy am I glad I did! I've only been using this for a few weeks but it's cleared up my skin (because I stupidly went back to the oil, idiot Abz, idiot!) and my face looks visibly brighter. It takes no time at all to take off my makeup and is a really pleasurable experience! So all in all for my face creams win every time, go cream!





Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home