Thursday 20 November 2014

The Christmas Tag



What, something that's not a list?!? No! I thought that I'd do something a little bit different today and as it's coming (kind of) up to Christmas what's better than answering festive questions?!? Let's get to it:

What is your favourite Christmas movie(s)?
Nativity, without a doubt. At the minute I'm waiting for it to be socially acceptable to crack it out and sing along, yes I do know all the words. I think that this film is so underrated and people don't normally think of it when saying their go to christmas film, going for Elf or the miracle one that I've never seen. So, I'm here to spread the Nativity word, sparkle and shine!

Do you open presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning?
Definitely the morning, I've never even thought about opening them the night before. We all wake up, go downstairs and take it in turns to open a present each, it prolongs the festiveness! Anyway how do you open presents the night before Santa brings them to your house!

Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?
One that stands out to me was when we were putting up the tree one year, it must have been about ten years ago, and two of our friends had come round to help. In our family me, my brother and my cousins all have baubles from disney with our names on, three of us have wooden ones and my brother, who is the youngest, had a nice glass one. My mum came in, gave my brother his bauble to put on the tree for the first time ever and said "Make sure you don't drop it". Out of the room she goes and as if on cue he drops the bauble on our laminated floor. Safe to say it was the funniest thing I've ever seen. Merry Christmas!

Favourite festive food?
Hands down mince pies. Me and my dad have perfected the perfect pastry, it's so flaky and delicious that they are definitely my favourites to eat at this time of the year.

Favourite Christmas Gift?
There's so many to choose from. I've cried on many separate occasions when opening the paper. Two stand out to me, a fluffy stuffed dog and X factor tour tickets. The dog, who was called Kylie, made it in because I remember opening the present seeing the furry little thing and sobbing. Sad child. The X factor tour tickets were from the year Joe McElderry won but the reason I was so excited was because  I would practically be in the same room as Lloyd Daniels, my future husband, *face palm*.

Favourite Christmas Scent?
In my uni bedroom at the minute I have an air wick reed diffuser which is in the scent mulled wine and crackling fire. Every time I walk into my room the smell just sums up Christmas for me. Nice and warm and spicy.

Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
Every Christmas Eve me, my brother, mum and dad read Kipper's Christmas Eve, taking it in turns to read a page. A bit of a weird tradition but it always happens and it's something to look forward to before the next day.

What tops your tree?
A little bear with a halo on. It's too cute and i like that it's a little bit different.

As a kid what was the one gift that you always asked for but never received?
Sylvanian families springs to mind, you know the little furry animal figures that lived the life of luxury in hotels and canal boats. I always wanted them but I never got them, no idea why but I think that my mum secretly wishes now that she had bought them for me.  

What's the best part about Christmas for you?
The Christmas meal preparations are my favourite part because we start so far in advance. Every year we have nine courses so the prep starts now, and I mean now. This year we've already made the soup and the starter and the menu has been finalised so we're well on our way to a great Christmas!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home