Tuesday 18 November 2014

La Cachette!


As a welcome home celebration, and because my dad and brother had gone out for a curry, me and my mum decided to go out for a nice tea. As I work in a restaurant down the road, and the food is always amazing we went there! 


For starter I had the salmon fishcake mashed potato and a mint pea veloute and there was only one word to describe this; amazing! It was the perfect size and was packed with flavour it was so tasty. The inside of the fishcake had salmon and I think it had a mixture of a few different fishes in and was really creamy but crispy on the outside. I think my favourite part of the dish was the mint pea veloute as it was different to anything I've had before. It had a pea like taste at the start but there was a hint of mint that gave the dish a fresh flavour. I really enjoyed it.


For my main meal I had haddock with spinach, sliced potatoes, mushroom duxelle and celeriac veloute with truffle oil. This. Was. Insane. The haddock was perfectly cooked and I cannot describe how good the potatoes were, the were amazing. Although it sounds like a strange combination the mushrooms and celeriac went really well together and there was the perfect amount of sauce. I think I'm in love.


And for the finale it was time for the STP (sticky toffee pudding). I go to this restaurant a lot, clearly because it's where I work and it's ridiculously close to my house, but I never have this as a dessert so iI thought that it was about time to give it a go. It was gorgeous. It came with butterscotch sauce which was insanely creamy and the ice cream was creamy too, ahhhhh. The actual pudding was full of toffee flavours and I enjoyed every bite.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home