Thursday 28 August 2014

Vigo Vigo Vigo!

First port of call was the northern spanish city of Vigo. It was the perfect weather, boiling hot with a nice breeze every once in a while. My first sighting was on my mum and dads balcony which luckily faced the 'docking side'. It was a lovely mix of mid rise modern buildings and little spanish suburban houses that could be seen in the distance. Another thing that got me soooooo excited was the giant sign for a Sephora....eeeeeek! There was just a nice feel about the place and I couldn't wait to get off the ship and have a little explore.

The first thing we did when we got off was make our way towards the main street of shops. We walked up what seemed like a hundred million steps, but the streets were really cobbled and cute so it all had a nice feel. The buildings were the typical 'apartment type' buildings that remind me of Paris with the cute little iron gate balconies and the shutter windows. It's one of those places where it's just nice to have a wander around and not really do much (if that's a good thing...I think it is).


The Sephora experience was a bit of a strange one. As soon as I walked in I think I had a bit of a panic attack. I had no idea where to go first and it was all a bit overwhelming. But then after I'd had a wander I just realised it's like a more expensive Boots. That didn't mean I didn't part with my cash though and i got a Sephora foundation brush, dry shampoo and the bumble and bumble sea salt spray.


Finishing off the trip we had a drink at one of the bars at the front and it was nice to just sit back and watch life go by. I really liked Vigo, I thought it was a really nice place and seems like it would be a good place to live, walking down the streets to the shops with a coffee...aah, lovely.




Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home