Friday 29 August 2014

Food Day Two

Source
Starter-Bay Scallop Gratin
I thought that this was so tasty. It came in a little metal dish which had holes where the scallops were and then the oil and gratin was over the top. It came with bread to dip into the oil which was nice but I would have liked a little more. The gratin was flavoured with garlic which is one of my favourite flavours so I really liked that and it went well with the scallops. Overall it was a little small and I would have like a little more bread with it but the flavour was great.
8/10

Main-Roasted Duck
The duck was a little dry but the skin was really crispy which I really like so that kind of made up for it. When mixed with the sweet berry sauce the duck became more moist and had a good flavour with the other elements of the dish. The cabbage was really soft and sweet with balsamic vinegar and I think was the star of the dish. The potato croquettes were also delicious. I would have liked some more sauce to moisten up the duck a little more. 
7/10

Dessert-Chocolate Souffle
I thought that this was very disappointing. It had a marshmallow texture which was very strange for a soufflé and it didn’t have much of a chocolate flavour at all. The only redeeming factor was the espresso sauce but other than that I was disappointed.

5/10

Overall I thought that the starter and the main were really nice but the dessert let it down so I'm going to say it was a 6/10. 

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home