Tuesday 26 August 2014

Food Day One

Source
Let the food logs begin! I documented every evening meal and gave it a score out of ten and twice a week on here I'll post each night and at the end I'll decide what my favourites were from the whole holiday. Exciting! The only problem is I wasn't intelligent enough to take pictures of the meals themselves so you'll just have to use your imagination!

Starter-Smoked Fish Rillettes 
This was reeeeeeeally tasty. I love fish especially smoked salmon and this was full of flavour. It came in a little ramekin with two slices of crispy bread. Everything was in proportion and it was a really nice start to the meal. 
9/10
Main-Seafood Spaghetti
When I ordered this I didn't think it was going to be anything special but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. It was spaghetti topped with scallops, mussels, crab meat and asparagus. The sauce was creamy and full of a gorgeous crab flavour. Everything was really flavoursome and went well together. The only thing I didn't eat was the mussels because I'm not overly keen but they looked nice on the plate. I could have just done with some bread to mop up the sauce!
9/10
Dessert-Blueberry Peach Crumble
It wasn't bad but it wasn't too good either. The crumble topping was nice, especially the soggy bits, but the flavour was overwhelmed by cinnamon. The peaches could of been sweeter and the blueberries were okay but a bit sour. The vanilla ice cream was okay but made it go cold as it was placed on top.
6/10

The meals got off to a good start and overall I'd score it 8/10 as the starter and main were great, it was just the dessert that let it down.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home