Wednesday 25 September 2013

Road to University! Week Six

Well I'm finally here! It's the start of the next 3 years of my life and I'm really excited to get cracking. Now that I'm here I can see myself here. I'm looking forward to getting my room fully sorted and properly settling in.
Army night!

As of writing this I've been out 4 nights in a row with tonight being my night off, otherwise I'll fall asleep in the middle of the street. So far, so good and still a lot more to go! Just one problem though...I can feel a cough coming on, and when I get a cough, I really get a cough. There are two stages to my illness:
1.The pathetic "this isn't really a cough but I have to get it out of my system" cough, which usually generates looks of why bother you're not even ill, and
2.The dangerous "seriously I'm about to cough up a lung someone please help me" vomit cough, which could be seen to get an even worse response as some people think it's too forced and you're attention seeking.
Hopefully it won't get any worse but I sincerely doubt it.

So far my room is feeling pretty cosy with my bright green furnishings and every leaflet I've been given telling me to go to such and such club on such and such night I have stuck on my wall making a 'leaflet collage' if you will. I can't wait until I've finally found a place for everything so it feels like a proper home away from home. Also I've been very lucky that my flat mates are amazing and I'm really looking forward to getting to know them in the next year!

Although my finances so far haven't been a problem, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that I don't over spend and forget to budget...and buy food!

So, by next week freshers will have finished, I'll have started my course and things will be getting real! Hopefully my illness will be gone so i will be able to fully enjoy my experience. See you next week!



Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home